Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Batch Cookery

No pictures today, unfortunately.

Sunday is usually a day when I get a batch of cooking done to at least let me coast through the first couple of weekdays ahead.

Today was no different, although there wasn't as much cooking as usual.

I made a pound of bacon in the oven, which I purchased from Jensen's Smoked Meats in Seattle. While they do not use grass-fed animals, they do smoke only wild-caught salmon, and provide fabulous customer service (and tasty jerkies). If you go visit them soon, they just came out with a new batch of smoked savory King salmon that is very tasty, indeed.

I also hard-boiled six eggs for later use. I start my eggs in cold salted water on the stove, and once the water boils vigorously, I cook them for 10 minutes.

That was it. Apart from that, I assembled my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow, breakfast consisting of some of the cooked bacon, and a bowl of roasted pumpkin with some hazelnut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. I really prefer butter, but was out, and hazelnut oil is healthier, anyway! Lunch is a bowl of leftover chicken soup. I also threw in some fresh carrots and an apple from the farmer's market, and a satsuma I bought a couple of days ago at Whole Foods. I need to pack some additional beef jerky or sausages for snacks.

Hopefully one day after work this week I will cook up that chicken curry soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment