Friday, November 6, 2009

Back to Basics

I've gotten off track as of late.

Licking the frosting off a cupcake once a month turned into once every two weeks, then once a week, then "Oh I'll just have a bite" and "one glass of wine, please..."

'Twas a downward spiral, full of sugary profanity.

So I decided to be proactive and get back on the Paleo horse (woolly mammoth?), and commit to another 30 Days of Strict Paleo.

I am Tweeting my eating; you can follow me on Twitter as "@dhshippie".

Now, if you go back, you'll see that last night (end of Day 5), I fell off the horse. I had a glass of champagne at a clothing sale, followed by an appetizer of calamari, and a reasonable dinner of chicken pho (Vietnamese soup) without noodles, then a half-scoop of frozen custard. The custard was probably the worst thing, since it was dairy + sugar, but you know what? I'm back on the horse today.

And I think that is what it's all about - life happens (in this case, a friend's birthday), you try and mitigate ( I threw away the custard after eating half, because otherwise I would have eaten it all), and then you clean up your act and move on.

And you know what happened today? I was shopping and kept coming upon bakery after bakery after candy store. And I bit my tongue until it hurt and tried to walk faster past those places even though I desperately wanted to go in and order Four Cupcakes To Eat Right Now, Please. Yes Actually Just The Frosting, Just Inject The Sugar Into My Bloodstream. Thanks!!

And then I came home and ate tomato soup and steak for dinner. And lots of flavored (unsweetened) herbal tea.

And I may have bought a skein of sock yarn. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment